- A designer who wants to prepare clear drawings?
- A specifier who wants to make the best construction products selections and write concise and accurate specifications?
- A contractor who wants to submit bids and proposals that win jobs?
- A building product manufacturer who wants your product widely used and successfully installed?
- An owner who wants to limit your liability by getting everyone on the same page?
CSI provides members with resources for success, as well as exceptional networking opportunities. With buildings going up faster and faster we must rely on written and graphic communication to avoid litigation and ensure that nothing falls through the cracks. Never before has the industry had such a critical need for well-trained professionals. Never before has CSI offered so many opportunities for training – many from your very own computer!
Everyone in construction knows about the CSI's MasterFormat for specification divisions. But do you know about the organization that created the specification divisions? Membership in The Construction Specifications Institute will enable you to shrink the challenges of today’s operating environment down to size. Since 1948, we've been meeting the industry’s need for a common system and language to organize, standardize, and communicate construction information. CSI has been the industry leader in fulfilling this goal through education and through the development of technical support products to write specifications such as MasterFormat™, UniFormat™, and SectionFormat™. For uniformity in construction drawings CSI developed the Uniform Drawing System™.
As A CSI Member, You Get:
The best networking opportunities in the industry — local, regional, national. Make sales contacts, develop potential clients, and gain professional exposure to new business opportunities.
Exclusive member benefits:
- A discount of as much as 35 percent on technical publications and documents.
- Free entry to The CSI Show — one of the nation’s largest nonresidential construction shows.
- Insurance discounts for certified professionals from National Affinity Services, Inc.
- Special offers and discounts on essential business services from such companies as Sprint, Airborne Express, MBNA (credit card), and National Car Rental.
- Members-only access to the CSI membership directory and the online Construction Specifier Reference Library.
- FREE subscription to The Construction Specifier magazine.
- Free Copy of CMD First Source, a concise formatted directory to hundreds of building product manufacturers listing the latest in new product information.
- Access to the Members Only section of CSINet
- Member discounts on magazines such as Engineering News-Record and Architectural Record.
- The opportunity to fulfill professional requirements for CEUs, LUs, and ECHs with industry-recognized programs.
To join right now, go to the membership form and complete the application. At the end of the form be sure to enter "Richmond" as your primary chapter affiliation, and enter the proper chapter dues amount, as follows:
Professional/Industry/Associate – $45
Emerging Professional – $0
Student – $0
We look forward to seeing you at our next Richmond Chapter function! Join CSI Now!
Resources for this section